SCALING & ROOT PLANNING
Top Dentist Pittsburgh
Most Insurances Accepted
Laser Gum Therapy
TYPICALLY YOUR INSURANCE COVERS 50% of SCALING & ROOT PLANNING COSTS
Scaling & Root Planning, also known as, Deep Cleaning, is the most well known non-surgical treatment for gum-disease. Since it is a medical necessity, your dental insurance covers 50% or more of its cost.
Our office will contact your insurance company to determine your specific coverage and out-of-pocket expenses.
SCALING & ROOT PLANNING (DEEP CLEANING)
The most well-known type of non-surgical treatment for gum-disease is known as scaling and root planing. This under-the-gum procedure involves a careful removal of plaque and tarter from the tooth roots. During this procedure, your dentist will remove harmful bacteria and irritants from deep beneath your gums to prevent plaque from accumulating again.
If the stage of infection is advanced a surgical treatment will be needed in which case Dr. Kaur will recommend you to a Periodontist.
Warning Signs That You Need a Deep Cleaning
Gum disease is considered a "silent" disease because pain does not always accompany warning signs.
See your dentist if you experience:
Changes to Your Teeth, Bite or Dental Work
- Loose or separating teeth
- A change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
- Bridges or partial dentures that no longer fit properly
- Fillings that have become defective
Changes to Your Gums
- Recurring redness, puffiness, tenderness or swelling of your gums
- Gums that bleed while brushing teeth, using dental floss or biting into hard foods (like an apple)
- Gums that are pulling away (receding) from your teeth, causing them to look longer
Bad Breath or Odd Taste in Your Mouth
- Persistent bad breath
- Persistent metal taste in your mouth
Sores in Your Mouth
Pus between your gums and teeth
- A sore or irritation in your mouth that does not improve within two weeks
WE OFFER EVENING AS WELL AS WEEKEND HOURS IN OUR FOX CHAPEL OFFICE
Monday: 9:00 – 4:00
Tuesday: 9:00 – 6:00
Wednesday: 9:00 – 4:00
Thursday: 9:00 – 4:00
Friday: 9:00 – 6:00
Saturday*: 8:30 – 3:00
*Open One Saturday Per Month.