DENTURE REPLACEMENT PITTSBURGH
What is Denture Replacement?
Dentures are a part of life as people become old. More than 50% of Americans above 65 years of age wear dentures. As you age, your mouth and jaws change shape – bones and gums naturally shrink and recede. This affects the denture’s fit – which can cause infections or sores. When your denture cannot be fixed by relining or other repairs, you need to replace your denture with a new one. It is recommended that you replace your dentures every 5 to 7 years.
What are the Signs That I May Need a Denture Replacement?
According to American College of Prosthodontics, your partial and complete dentures should be evaluated for replacement if one of the following conditions occur.
- Chronic irritation beneath the denture bases.
- When denture adhesive must be used more than once every day or you need denture adhesive to eat properly.
- If you cannot or will not wear removable prostheses.
- If the removable prostheses have degraded sufficiently to lead to prosthesis instability, loss of retention, loss of esthetics, loss of support, inability to eat, or if the prostheses or prosthetic teeth are discolored, cracked, broken, or missing.
- If the teeth supporting a removable partial denture or overdenture are lost.
- If the prosthesis has been in function for more than 5 years.
Of course, these are only some of the signs that indicate you require denture replacement. It is highly recommended that you get your dentures examined by your dentist regularly.
Does Insurance Covers Denture Replacement?
Most dental insurance providers cover denture replacement once every 5 year. Please confirm with your insurance provider regarding the terms and conditions for denture replacement.
Why Kaur Dental of Fox Chapel is the Best Dentist for Denture Replacement Pittsburgh?
Kaur Dental of Fox Chapel is one of the best place for getting dentures in Pittsburgh. Dr. Kiran Kaur is an expert in dentures and uses modern technology and caring attitude to make the most comfortable and best fitting dentures for you. She has taken hundreds of hours of continuing advanced education to bring the best in dentures to you. Kaur Dental has some of the best rates for premium dentures in Pittsburgh. She is in-network with most insurances. And for patients without insurance, she offers a 20% discount.
BEST DENTURE REPLACEMENT PITTSBURGH
If you are If you are looking for denture replacement in Pittsburgh, you can contact Kaur Dental of Fox Chapel at 412.406.8100. We make the best dentures in Pittsburgh at an affordable rate.